GSR 1.7 or LS Tranny For Turbo

[QUOTE=jDMJeRk;1932208]alright another “what kinda tranny should I use” thread and it starts off with the infamous “I searched and searched” hahaha

I personally use the GSR w/Quaife LSD and a Comp twin disc… my car makes about 450WHP. I wouldn’t have it any other way.[/QUOTE]

ys1 gsr or b18c1 gsr tranny?

how bad would the gsr be with the ls tranny? will it make the car that much slower?

always go shorter, its the best. Take a look at Tchleung’s monster making over 500whp and he is using a J1 which is basically equivalent to the 92-93 gsr. You’ll never regret getting the shorter one.

it’s pretty slow with a ls tranny on a gsr. U will be climbing through the rpms pretty long. U will not like it. It seems nice to hear all that vtec, but u won’t like getting pulled off on.lol But really my friend had a b16 ls tranny combo and it stayed in the gear far too long.

If your gonna go turbo i would go with an ls or the next best thing is gsr with ls 5 gear. With a turbo your gonna eat thru your gears so you’ll run out of gear before power

I broke that small spline J1 tranny a long time ago and have since been using the GSR YS1 tranny so even shorter… AND I’m now making an additional 100whp. Still will take this tranny over an LS ANY day.

Are you using a LS 5th gear? and what LSD are you running? I am considering OBX or Quaiffe.

Straight GSR trans gear set. And I’m using a Quaiffe

How do you like the LSD? I might go with the OBX at first to see how good it works. If I am not happy with OBX switch over to Quaffe

lol oops, sorry tom, I thought you were still using that J1…way to be though, I’m using the gsr ys1 as well :slight_smile:

What do you guys think of the Mfactory LSD? for the price I hear its good and its better then OBX and compares to the Quaife!

the Mfactory LSD does look promising, looks like basically same as Quiafe. I would get that over OBX anyday of the week