Hello From Southern Indiana!

I’m not running a milspec or anything like that, no. I made an aluminum plate to the correct size, drilled the hole in the center the diameter of the harness, chamfered and radisued the hole so that I didn’t have to use a grommet, then I cut the plate in half through the hole so that I can get the harness through the larger hole in the firewall (big interface plugs), then I can close it back up and bolt it to the firewall and it hugs the loom tight. The radiator is from ebay actually. Just an aluminum VW Scirocco radiator.

thanks man i like how youve done it. i will definitely reference your build when im doing mine in the very near future… your bay looks amazingly well done…

I appreciate that. I should have some pics up soon. I got a lot knocked out this weekend. More double shifts this week, so slow progress the next few days, but I give it a week and half and the car will be going down the road hopefully.

Nice, looking forward to seeing it. I did something similar with mine. I’m liking the detail with the black hardware.:up:

Well here are some small updates. I don’t have any pics of the inside of the firewall, but it’s finally all done. Just need to bleed brakes and the clutch, and I can finally put the dash back on. Bought a new throttlebody, did some work on the distributor wiring so its tucked in the back and you can’t see it. Have to get some new hose ends for the engine side of the radiator hoses. All straights will apparently not work. Here are some pics!

so impressive. do you have any tips on removing the dash? thats my next move…

Very nice, looks like a lot of love has gone into this car.

Yea, best tip for the dash is, be careful with the instrument cluster/heater bezel because they break easy.lol also, drop your steering column.

Well same thing as last time. Not a whole lot of visible progress, but progress none the less. Got my new speedo and throttle cable in, brakes and clutch bled. The Hush Performance V2 looks to work very well. One thing I noticed though, is that the pedal assembly is flexing more than I expected when using the clutch. Hopefully I don’t run into any issues with this. I may weld some braces to it and bolt it to the chassis somehow to help with that if I have to. Excuse the mess on the inside, the wiring needs to be wrapped up in some spots before I put the dash back on. Everything going to the one central spot on the firewall looks awesome in the bay, but makes the inside look a bit cluttered right around there. Also, the wheels I’ll be running this season. Dtec Q8. I know they’re not Sprints or Regas or even MR5 like some of the rims I’ve had before, but I was on a fairly strict budget this time around, and I got these for an incredible price from a good friend of mine. Enjoy!

Soooo nice! :drool:

NICE! Mind having a shot with the header for how low it hangs?

I can get that for you. The car it came off was an EM1, and I had to cut the bottom runners out and weld new metal in. Then I welded some thicker steel over both of them to be kind of a skid plate. Since I don’t have a lot of updates (Been working a lot, and not taking a lot of pictures) here’s a pic of where I’m at right now. Also, I added some pics of my friends cars that we all roll together in.

damn…just…DAMN!!!

Wow all those cars are clean as hell. Dope crew.

You’re certainly no stranger to tucked and shaved bays huh? Nice cars!

Those bays in the Red civic and the 2nd white EG though… goodness…

all the rides looks very nice.

Had somewhat decent weather today, and the car is on the ground, so I decided to push it out and give it a bath. Get all the nasty filler dust off it. Haven’t put my 92-93 rear bumper on yet. Probably save that for last, along with a new windshield. After the pic I polished the lens on the headlight thats on there. Need to get the other one on, as well as run the wiring for the fan, couple odds and ends things. Had some bad luck with the lower radiator hose fitting. One of my Summit fittings started leaking from the weap hole whenever I filled the coolant. Planned on having it all going by Sunday, but the fitting will push me back to the middle of the week, which is fine since they’re calling for 4-8 inches of snow…smh… Here are some pics

Veeeeeeerry good looking man!

Every car is really nice and clean.