HondaTom's Dirty DA Build

The same skirts I had on. The ek side skirts that I have been working on. I finally finished the front end caps on them I just have to sand them and paint them and then I will put them back on. I am trying to figure out what rear lip I should put on. I am thinking about the 94-97 accord 3 piece rear lip but any suggestions would be great.

Heyy looking good, do you happen to have the hubcaps still lying around?! Im looking for a set and Im in NJ!

Yeah I might. I’ll let you know later tonight

seen you around a few times…before paint. would love to see it with new paint. looking good!

where abouts have you seen me?
You live in jersey?

Whats up I have my stock hub caps
let me know if you still need them

how do you like those f1 style mirrors? ive been debating on getting some…

[QUOTE=HondaTom87;2223209]Whats up I have my stock hub caps
let me know if you still need them[/QUOTE]

Yeah I could use them, what do you want for them, and what kind of condition are they in?

yessir i do. probably very close to you, im on walnut st, just up from Eagan’s bar. i dont have my teg down here, its still in CT. (long story). driving a blue 2011 wrx hatch. you might know our neighbor, im not positive what his name is, although ive talked to him a few times, maybe Juan? i duno. he’s got a b18 swapped EG hatch, teal. just had it painted & pretty clean lookin.

I love the mirrors I can see everything in them I just wish I got the 4" ones

I’d say $40 and they are in good condition. I’ll clean them up and post some pics of them

Oh yeah I know him I was guna buy his gsr head but it looked as if a piston had smacked one of the combustion chambers.
but I used to live on valley rd right by the police station now I live in montville

Where did you get it painted? Also, how much did it roughly cost you?

A shop near me in Newark quoted me about $2500 and I’ve seen their work on my FA5 I used to have. Still debating on going with the $2500 or $800 from Maaco :worry:

Can’t wait to see some better pics of the paintjob in the daylight.

My boy did all the work for me I paid $460 for everything. there are a few blemishes that I need to fix but I am very happy with how it came out. He works at the maaco in union and they quoted me 500 for body work and single stage and my boy did 4 coats of base and 6 coats of clear after he finished the body work… the only problem I have with it is he missed a few little accorn sized dents but thats really only cause of the time frame I gave him to finish it lol… but the car is guna be on a track and I couldn’t justify spending 2500 + for my paint and body work… I’ll do a complete tare down and respray when I retire the car.

That’s crazy! I can’t justify spending $2500 on a paintjob either, when my car cost me about half of that. I might have to get some contact info for your boy. See how much he would charge me for my DA. I was a little nervous about doing Maaco here in Linden because I don’t know anybody that has gone there. Let me know if he would be interested in working on another DA as a side job or however he handles it.

Okay a few pics for you

more to come tomorrow

At 440

and I finally finished the ek side skirts
here is a sneak peek

yeah he loves painting DA’s he owns one too lol

nice seats

well I have a lot of updates for you guys but I cant seem to upload any of my pics here. I dont know what the problem is but any way until I figure it out here is a link to my build thread on HT The Dirty DA Build

looks good dude like it what recaros are those i never seen that color. seems you local too.

Love this build thread. Just wondering what engine mounts you used when you had the standard B18 motor in at the start of the build?

Any pics of how you tucked the passenger side harness in the bay? I’m in the middle of doing mine and was wondering how hard that was to do.