HondaTom's Dirty DA Build

ok so I am steadily trying to work on the car while I am un able to work on the car lol.
I have received my second busted passenger side 1 piece headlight and I am working on turning my two broken ones into one mint one.

I am also going to convert the extra broken one into my intake scoop equipped with lights and exterior filter so I can run it on my few street adventures with the car.

I got an offer from my friend to buy the set of lights that are on the Integra currently but I still don’t know if I want to sell any of them.

but while I am out here I have been studying how to lay carbon fiber and I am going to make mold out of the headlight and start making one off carbon scoops for our chassis.
I am also going to make bumper scoops for brake ducting out of 92-93 bumper lights.

So stay tuned cause there is going to be a lot of trial and error.

I will be back later today with pictures of the headlight progress

more progress on the driver headlight
almost exactly where I want it

Here is the post I forgot to put up prior to all of this.
So you can see how bad they were.

I was a little disappointed when I saw them.

he had them in a bag together and I pulled the driver headlight out first and okay it was dirty and the lens had black over spray on it and it was pretty yellowed. ehh okay I can fix that so he pulls the next one out and here comes the “oh by the way” the passenger lens has a piece broken off on the corner and the top left tab is broken off. ugh this sucks well I said “f it” and I gave him half of his asking price and put them in my trunk.

well here are the pics of how I got them

Again I am sorry for the bad pictures I only have a my crappy cell phone and barely any light in my room.

And here is the driver headlight. I am not finished just yet but it looks pretty good so far.

half way through the lens restore

lens restored
wet sanded 220, 400, 800, 1000, 2000, cutting compound and finished with a polishing compound.

Starting to clean the casing

Partially cleaned

and about 90% finished

So I finally received my donor passenger Stanley headlight.
I got started on the work immediately.

Here are some pictures of my progress.

I cut both lenses where the brake was and started with this

Then I used a two part clear epoxy and put the two pieces together.

I am sure it is not the greatest stuff to use but it worked pretty damn good. The label says the color is transparent yellow but after it cured there was no yellow.

After the two part epoxy cured I wet sanded the entire lens with 220 grit. I know that seems a bit harsh but the lens was in bad shape.

After sanding the entire lens smooth and getting it all one cloudy color there was a slight groove where the repair was so I filled that with the crystal clear glue. I am currently waiting on that to finish curing, which takes quite a long time.

Once it cures I will sand the seam down and then finish off the lens restoration with more wet sanding and finish with the rubbing compound and polishing compound. Once they are all finished I am going to clear coat them with a UV protectant clear coat.

Now for the housing.

This is where I am at currently

I cut this section out of the donor housing. As you can see in the picture the cut I made was larger than my marking but that is because I am cutting the other lens smaller then I will hand sand both sections to the proper size.

Well that’s it so far on the headlight.

Here is another project I am picked up

X-Concepts Modifier
1993 Acura Integra LS 1:64 scale

The plan is to paint this Horizon Gray
And if anyone knows where there are any other DA modifiers for sale let me know I am looking to purchase the larger one. Hopefully the whole package that comes with the upgrades and everything. I wish I knew about these when they came out.

Oh and I am also looking for an DA model kit so let me know

That one light is pretty bad! I’m interested to see the results. Nice work!

So here is where I am with the headlights

I repaired the housing and I finished the lens.
All I have to do is pick up some duct seal to seal the lens and finish cleaning the housing.

here are the pictures

So like I said earlier I only have to seal the lens and finish cleaning the housing.
I forgot to mention before that I changed the headlight and fog light baskets and swapped the inner fog light wiring for the better harness and I polished the yellow bulb cover.

This set is for sale now to whoever wants them.
And buyer decides weather or not the fog light outer reflectors stay in the headlights or not. When they are removed the fogs are bright enough to be used as regular headlights.

The Lights also have all bulbs and they will be checked with an ohmmeter before they are shipped. Also if I have time I will get some pigtails for the headlight bulbs so they can either make jumpers or splice them right in.

For whats up next on my side project list I am looking for some horizon gray paint out here in COS so I can paint my modifier

Nice post and ride man I love g2s my self have to se one of mine soon:/ kinda bummed but at least I have my buil still!

Thanks…
I am doing my best on this lol
In the past being that I daily drove the teg I was unable to get the level of attention to detail that I wanted to but as soon as I get home the fun begins.
I am going to document everything and finally do everything I want to.
It just stinks that most of the parts I need to get everything perfect will all have to be restored and rebuilt being that Honda discontinued so many parts.
one thing in particular that I am disappointed abut is the door hinges. they only have the lower driver side available.
Anyway I’ll stop before I go on an on again lol

I would love to see your teg
Start a build thread and show us what you got

Wow, yeah they came out great. Huge improvement man! But why sell them now?

I I definitely agree with you, its a LOT easier to build a car when you don’t have to daily it!

[QUOTE=rollinmyda;2310333]Wow, yeah they came out great. Huge improvement man! But why sell them now?

I I definitely agree with you, its a LOT easier to build a car when you don’t have to daily it![/QUOTE]

This is my second set and I figured I would start a little charity type deal by restoring messed up 1 piece headlights.
So far I have recued 2 sets of lights.
I am currently looking for another set of damaged lights to restore.
I am enjoying this and I don’t want to fix multiple sets and hoard them lol.
I am also starting work on my fiberglass mold of the FUBAR housing to make my foe headlight scoop.
Mold will be fiberglass final product will be carbon.
This is going to be my first carbon fiber project so I am expecting lots of trial and error but we will see. I hope it eventually comes out great so I can start making them for other DA owners.

I am also looking for other items I can work on restoring or modifying. Like Rack and pinions and taillights and other items that are becoming harder and harder to find for our cars.

I am just super bored out here without my cars lol

So if anyone out there has damaged JDM Stanley’s let me know.

I’ll have to take a look at what I’ve got. I think I have a few one pieces in poor condition that are just accumulating dust…

Any pics of your scoop project? Sounds cool!

awesome
definitely let me know if you do have other poor condition or broken one pieces.

I will put up pics of the scoop project as I get farther with it. its currently in the pre stages before the mat even gets laid so as soon as I lay the glass I’ll start posting pics.
It will be happening soon now that the weather is magically warmer here in the springs.

So I am getting antsy and I might buy a new DA for myself out here in Colorado.
I have a few potential buyers for my FX45 and as soon as I sell it I have my mind set on one of two one is a 90 LS and the other is a 92 GSR.
I am leaning more towards the GSR but the 90 is a rare color and comes with some nice goodies.

I don’t want to get my hopes up though cause the FX still needs to sell.
If the fx doesn’t sell I might buy one of them anyway and just tow it home with me in May.

86 days until I take the 1800 mile drive back. ugh this is killing me

[QUOTE=HondaTom87;2310841]So I am getting antsy and I might buy a new DA for myself out here in Colorado.
I have a few potential buyers for my FX45 and as soon as I sell it I have my mind set on one of two one is a 90 LS and the other is a 92 GSR.
I am leaning more towards the GSR but the 90 is a rare color and comes with some nice goodies.

I don’t want to get my hopes up though cause the FX still needs to sell.
If the fx doesn’t sell I might buy one of them anyway and just tow it home with me in May.

86 days until I take the 1800 mile drive back. ugh this is killing me[/QUOTE]

yea dude when you show up we should meet up and see how you did the headlights in person might just pay you to do mines.

Wasn’t sure if you knew but the smaller x modifiers da also came in a horizon gray-ish color in addition to the red one you already have.

yeah definitely
I cant wait to get back to the dirty lol (Jersey and my Teg)

Yeah I am actually trying to get my hands on one. if not I am painting this one lol

I picked up an awesome little something for one of my cars

I have two sets and one is for sale for what I paid for it so hit me up if you are interested.

What did you use to clean the one piece housing?

Great work on those lights man! Get that DA out here and lets hit up High Plains.