my kit - part list - suggestions

updated: as of 09/11/05
turbo project is on again…

this time i got a job… hahaha

setup now…

one of those “custom tubular log manifolds” with external wastegate
turbonetics wastegate
T3 ford thunderbird turbo (.42/.60 i believe)
all kinds of custom 2" chargepiping/hose from turbo to FMIC, then 2" then 2.25" from FMIC to TB (all drag piping from ebay auction might come in if i win )
forgot the kind of BOV i have, but im borrowing it, and it looks like a rocket…
2.5" downpipe w/ flexpipe. looking for a Y pipe so i can run full exhaust, then unbolt the plate to run open downpipe…

obd-0 to obd-1 harness & misc. other things will be here soon
hondata s200 w/ boost will be around sometime soon
RC 370 injectors will be around sometime soon aswell

status as of 2:24am sunday sept. 11th - turbo/chargepiping/FMIC installed

tonight or tomorrow morning todo - oil feed/T on firewall/sensor/return/oil pan

then once everything is in running condition… i’ll make an appointment with a muffler shop near my house to get the downpipe & all made…

this fulltime job thing is kool…

:danger:
what i have
drag gen3 manifold
garrett T3 turbo (i do not know the specs)
audi intercooler
drag kit wastegate
7psi fmu
flexpipe

what i need
check valves
bov
bov flange
a few things fabricated (charge piping & dp)

should i chip?

the turbo has the downpipe flange on it, with a piece of the downpipe still on there. i can build from there.

so far, all i need to get it together to be able to run, is to tap oil from the back, drill a hole, seal and bolt up the oil drain, make charge piping, and downpipe.

my setup right now is basically a LS w/ '92 cams, aem intake, DC 4-2-1 header, 2.5" test pipe, RS*R exhaust. and it’s pretty quiet.

if i run this turbo setup that i’ve listed, with an aem intake, along with the testpipe & RSR exhaust, would it be fine? would the 2.25" of the RSR be too restrictive? should i get a split valve to run open downpipe after i get everything together?

i plan on running about 6psi for now. after i get more money in for better management, hondata s200 w/ boost, then i’ll see where i’d go from there, but for now, i’d like to see how it is, and if im capable of doing it.

is there anything im missing? i still need to go search around for the best size for charge piping… and i need to find the best way to route the chargepiping for the intercooler (it has both inlet and outlet on one side, kind of like a backdoor style)

I’m sure many will agree that you should ditch the FMU and use Uberdata/TurboEdit depending on your car. You can get somebody to chip your ECU, and the software is free, you just have to buy the chipping parts and a rom burner. Then get a 190 LPH fuel pump and DSM 450cc injectors, get somebody to help you tune it with the software, and you’ll be way better off than the FMU. With the software you can control both the fuel and ignition maps, as well as rev limits and launch controls.

The 2.25" exhaust should be fine for up close to 300 hp, or atleast that’s what I’ve been told. And you won’t be actually using an AEM intake, but I’m sure you can chop it up to make it fit off the turbo into some open space. And don’t forget to get vacuum lines. It’s a safe bet to replace all the vacuum lines since it’s cheap and a small crack and leak can cause big problems.

the intake will probrably going where normally the windshield washer resivour is.

about the fmu, it’s what i have, and i cant get more money in a while, so think the fmu will be good for a daily 6psi driver?

id run 450 injectors with no chip, rather then an fmu

problems came, tickets got given, things got sold, turbo idea went bye bye…

:shrug:huh?? giving up?

Damn bro. Sorry to hear that. Were they speeding tickets?
Take care Kevin.

-Andrew

in my kit I am gonna get 450cc dsm injectors and get a a chip from xenocron, for basic 7psi daily set up, FMU will work I have seen it work many times for many people it puts alot of pressure ont he stock injectors so people automatically shoot down the idea but it will work for a while, I have talked to many people who have used to them reliably for a long time.
Ryan

1. speeding ticket - 80mph on 580 towards hayward - $230 - paid

2. stupid ticket - 35mph in alameda a block away from a school & about my change of address within a certain amount of days - forgot ammount - fighting it in court

(what happened) a cop said i was going 35 or so… he saw me comming down one way, he was going the opposite way, he busted a bitch, i slowed down with my ebrake, he pulled me over near a school… bullshit this, bullshit that… you know how it goes… then about the change of address, i moved, but we still paid for electricity, so i think i win on that one…

1. carpool violation @ 8am in hayward - $371 - i might do payments

damn kevin…that sux…im on the same way…well sortof…i ordered my clutch & flywheel, but have little money to have it installed…ive had it sitting for about 1 1/2 in my bedroom…i didnt work much last week so this weeks paycheck is gonna suck, and i need to pay the car on the 15th so i might be down to like $100…but anyways good luck man…i havent seen you around…

turbo project is on again…

this time i got a job… hahaha

setup now…

one of those “custom tubular log manifolds” with external wastegate
turbonetics wastegate
T3 ford thunderbird turbo (.42/.60 i believe)
all kinds of custom 2" chargepiping/hose from turbo to FMIC, then 2" then 2.25" from FMIC to TB (all drag piping from ebay auction might come in if i win :cross: )
forgot the kind of BOV i have, but im borrowing it, and it looks like a rocket…
2.5" downpipe w/ flexpipe. looking for a Y pipe so i can run full exhaust, then unbolt the plate to run open downpipe…

hondata s200 w/ boost will be around sometime soon
RC 370 injectors will be around sometime soon aswell

status as of 2:24am sunday sept. 11th - turbo/chargepiping/FMIC installed

tonight or tomorrow morning todo - oil feed/T on firewall/sensor/return/oil pan

then once everything is in running condition… i’ll make an appointment with a muffler shop near my house to get the downpipe & all made…

this fulltime job thing is kool… :corn:

9 months later and your back :clap:

I knew you couldn’t resist that psssst!!!

Why Hondata?

decent price, everything is at my friend’s house, and he’s trying to sell it to get other stuff from hondata… and the everything is already setup for a b16a boost basemap…

he has or had, everything for me to convert to obd-1 after i get my jumper harness, and it’s already here… so i dont have to worry about shipping/etc etc…

and im getting a laptop for semi cheap aswell… so i can right away go ahead and start learning & playing with datalogging…

i still didnt buy it yet, so if i can find any better deals, i’ll go ahead with that…

Crome or Uberdata–no shizzzle!! but I would suggest crome if your going to get a laptop. datalogging and tuning on it are so much easier, and another thing is that up north where your at, you have tuners right there for you. check this out, and this and this. DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY GETTING HONDATA AND TELL YOUR FREIND THAT TOO!! :bang:

i may have tuners around me, but i want to learn how to tune aswell…

so it’s for good cause & for learing tools too…

370’s are waaaaay to small IMHO. get some 450-550’s.

for a 6 - 8psi setup?

i’ve got a chance to pickup RC 370’s for 150 new

I tried 370’s on a t3 (.42/.48) at 7psi. Not enough fuel, sold him my old 550’s and it ran fine. this was with uberdata, a wideband, and @55psi of fuel pressure @ idle.

o wow… b16a first gen?