New Battery brace

Version 3 (above) prototype was ordered at the printer today. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Here’s one of the shots from the printer. It should have it by next week for a fitment check. I did it in red this time for more horsepower gains.

3 Likes

This latest version arrives Monday.

2 Likes

They arrived today!

New issue though. While it is much more sturdy, there is now less room to mount it via the J hooks. I have aftermarket J hooks. Can you please measure your J hooks from the top to where the bend at the J is? Reply to this thread.
This may also make a difference to those who have the stock battery size.

I’ll choose a dimension that works for everyone and then reduce the boss size. I don’t think I’ll have to prototype it again; it’ll be ready for production. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this is the OEM J hook. 8in / 200mm. Seems like an 8.5 or 9 -inch would be better, or I’d have to reduce the reinforcement. I’ll look up options for J hook replacement.

I found a set that is 8.875in that arrives on Wed. I’ll report results.

Received the J hooks today. Looks like these would work. I was not able to install on car. Will post pix when I do.

New hardware makes a difference and it doesn’t hit the hood. I will give the option to include these with the price of the brace. I adjusted the angle of the boss so it matches the angle of the J hook. I think we’re good to go!

I will talk with the printer and preorder 10. I’ll figure out pricing and post them on the G2IC store page. Remember that all funds go to keep the site going – I don’t make any profit on this personally. Thanks for your support and patience!

(I’ll probably just order all black unless someone asks for a different color)

3 Likes

Just a small update.

I ordered some clear caps for the top of the J hooks. I’m also looking into flanged nuts instead of these regular ones to complete the OEM look.

2 Likes

Submitted to printer. Ordered flange nuts.

2 Likes