OFFICIAL DA nitrous thread *post up*

Thats what i dont get. with all the money you spend on refills, why not just save up for a turbo.

Hell then you can turn up the boost. Maybe its just me. :shrug:

I will say i still havent seen any pictures except for shardbodys whoring off.:smiley:

Well as the original poster states he can get about 10 runs out of a bottle. so if you figure $40 per refill, and you went to the track once a week, you could count on 5-6 refills a year. This would bring you to $240 for the year. so theoretically you could run for 4-5 years on nitrous with the money you would spend on a junkyard turbo set up. You may not have the power all of the time with nitrous, but it is available when it needs to be(at the track).

teglover, thats exactly my point, i love having a/c p/s 30 mpg and almost 200whp anytime i want.

and that 10 1/4 mile passes is with a 75 shot.

Well stated point:up:

its not that im AGAINST boosting or all motor builds. but for me, seeing as how i DO NOT street race, and i enjoy all the functions of an economical car hundreds of miles during the week leaving the racing to the weekends at tracks, spray makes more sense.

by the way, my car is no slouche off the bottle, i do have rocket motorsports regrinds, full I/H/E, little weight reduction, chipped ecu, etc, so its not like its any slower than any other teg off the bottle. i still put down 132whp off the bottle ONLY when tuned for it though. when tuned for spray i pull some timing, change to colder plugs with less gap, and run premium, then add some fuel in the WOT cells.

On my first 90 DA, I had a b16A with a chipped ECU (forgot the brand), some JG cams and your basic bolt ons. With a 60 shot and straight pipe… I ran a 13.9… forgot trap speed and all since it’s been a long time but yeah… nitrous is fun fun fun… and very addictive! :clap:

i’m deffinately thinking of going Nitrous, my gs-r has a rebuilt engine with PERFECT compression same all across the board so i don’t think it’d be bad at all. My other mods would be ITR I/H, haven’t decided on an exhaust yet, 72mm TB, and then crome tuning. Now what I was wondering was should I go wet or dry? I heard that dry is easier to install but more “dangerous” and wet was more difficult to install but “safer”. I plan on running a 75 shot on weekends i go to the track.

I guess I can contribute to this thread…now… :smiley:
ZEX Direct Port Nitrous Kit;

The plumbing under the Skunk2 IM.

The solenoids mounted on the firewall

The Purge solenoid mounted on the rear crossmember.
In the process of relocating.

The nitrous switches w/ Purge button in the Ash Tray, custom made by yours truly

The Engine Bay shot, not current but shows the nitrous lines

Just ordered parts;

Xenocron 255 Fuel Pump,
DynoTune Nitrous square digital pressure guage,
and
DynoTune Nitrous Fully adjustable and automatic bottle heater.

So if i got a stock 91 teggy and ill get 50 shot wet, would i feel a difrence when im spraying or is it like bearly anything till u start modding and got 75 or higher?

50 shot will give you more than 40% increase in hp on a stock 91 integra. im pretty sure you will feel it.

ok my motor has 227k miles what should i worry about failing first, what should i replace/upgrade?

[QUOTE=Integ21;1884426]I guess I can contribute to this thread…now… :smiley:
ZEX Direct Port Nitrous Kit;

The plumbing under the Skunk2 IM.

[/QUOTE]

thats a pretty clean setup, what size shot are you running?

680cc Fuel injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, and oil pump.

for a 50 shot??? I see a bone stock crx with ihe running 50 shot all day long on a track.

For now I’m only doing a 75 shot untill I get used to it, but the urge to go a higher shot is hard to resist.

How do you go about tuning for nitrous though? Same process as tuning for a turbo?

Read: anal seapage

There is nitrous information on Hondas all over the net. cb7tuner.com Honda-tech.com team-integra.net hondoogle.com search; nitrous forum: for : nitrous. integ21 how much did that kit set you back? Why Zex over say “NX”? The motor looks A1. Is that a plastic intake on your b18a? just curious b/c id like one over the stock piping.

integ21 how much did that kit set you back? Why Zex over say “NX”? The motor looks A1. Is that a plastic intake on your b18a? just curious b/c id like one over the stock piping.

The kit with purge system came out to about 750. No real reason why I chose the ZEX over NX and my intake was a Injen CAI.

[QUOTE=Integ21;1887499]The kit with purge system came out to about 750. No real reason why I chose the ZEX over NX and my intake was a Injen CAI.

[/QUOTE]

:salute: thats a real kit too. I was looking at a nxl but nah ill think ill tap, if noticed some kits have more features that others but thats something ill do wayyyy later right now my money is blown. I give you alot of props for you set up its nice. all those bn2ottle haters can suck some purge.

I meant for 100 shot+