possibly found the first db2.....

if that engine gets changed out let me know, I will buy it.

lol nah that engine is gonna stay there no matter what.

I guess this explains why his engine starts with s/n100xxxx and mine starts with s/n170xxxxx (different areas started with different #'s)

can anyone verify that engine blocks in the usa start with 100 and canada start with 170?

cali = 1000001
49state = 1300001
Can = 17000001

this is engine block only!

:up: nice info

so k this is gettin reaaly confusin to me…so what exactly does it mean ??? first one that was made to sell ???

Car Fax anyone… then we’ll see when that car moved to TX.

third chassis…first cali engine

dude don;t fret it… that is one great combo to own… sell it to me! do you have access to the window sticker?

Are you absolutely sure the serial numbers go in sequential order and not an algorithmic order?

thats why i said i possibly found…because i dont know enough about these numbers to make that assumption. cuz i know my numbers are alot farther off than 2

explain neil? I am not following the logic… what would be the point of skipping production numbers? besides we have seen sequential numbers before… just not huge chunks of numbers together… we know that the cars were assembled in canada… so more than likely major parts were cherry picked of the line to complete prioduction… in other words as the cars were completed, in whatever order they were built, the major components (engines) were not in any real order… hence why I have chassis #230 and engine # 056.
Schu

I would figure that then it would be easy to just create whatever VIN you wanted. It would be more of a theft/VIN stealing deterrent if it wasn’t sequential.

You’ve heard of VIN removal before.

window sticker or the door jam sticker ?? i juss took a pic of the door jam sticker…bout to post the pic so

heres the door jam sticker to ones that wanted to see it

775c986aa51d.jpg

and theres no sticker on the car bout cali…every sticker on there says made in japan…no cali, no canada, no us

assembled in canada… not made in canada.

Intersting theory about the algorythm and theft, do other manufacturers do that? I have never heard of that
Schu

well like i said theres nothin on the car thats bout canada or any other places , but japan…so i dunno where its all assembled but nuttin other than japan so…

oh well… sell me your car
Schu

oh well…no . lol :giggle: