Saab Turbo?

:bs:
it has NOTHING to do with psi. 8psi on a saab T3 is 200whp but, 8psi on a sc61 is 280-300whp. now a LS running 200whp will want a higher degree of timing than the 280whp LS will be. so how does it have anyhting to do with psi? :owned:

juiced is right. I had that turbo on my 90 prelude and it spooled up way to quick. Hit full boost around 2500rpms. I beat a 350z with that turbo. But to me its way to small so I upgraded to a t3/t4 turbo from turbonetics and its a night and day diffrence. I say at 8psi about 180hp. 200 if your lucky

yea but the prelude has a bigger motor hence why it spools so early and im pretty sure (no positive) that the 2.0 in the prelude has a pretty long stroke which has ALOT to do with how the air goes through those motors, long stroke motors spool turbos faster and are less picky to cams… also i see people on here making 200 whp at 9psi with a 14b. so 8 psi on my t3 should be the same if not more correct?

can we use srt4 injectors??

450’s are on the smaller side, they will be fine. I run msd 96#(1056cc/min) injectors. it costs about $10 for the materials to socket an ecu. then ~$6 for a 29c256(chip) A good street tune shouldn’t cost you more than $150-200. NEVER CHEAP OUT ON TUNNING, a bad tune will blow your engine and make alot less hp.(aka a FMU setup or an afc hack)

can i do the same with a volvo garret t03 turbo?

Well then

I appoligize. It’s not PSI, it’s PSI and CFM. Why do you think that a honda computer has a map sensor if PSI doesn’t matter? Does a honda change it’s tuning becuase it advances or retards it timing…HELL NO.:owned:

WHP kinda matters, but PSI and CFM are what change the WHP

I think you need to do a little more reseach before you go off and think you are owning people.

:rockon: :slight_smile:

hey, to the thread creator.

Could you tell me where the turbo was located on the car?
Like front left under “blank” etc…

I’m going to a local junkyard that has two 1987 saab 900
Not sure if there tirbo’s but I mightas well check.

Thanks, Later

no answer =/?

Hey all I’m saying is that how can timing/mixture/WHP be important to tuning when those are the things you change by tuning?

I dont’ know how jucied thinks he owned me in the first place.

I’ve done plenty of research on the tuning. I don’t really care, I’m just trying to help him out. Say what you want, but if you try to tune your engine on timing/mixture/WHP your going to have a mess, because NONE of those tell you anything about what’s going on in the engine. You would also need boost, rpm, throttle position, knock sensor, Intake temp…oh yea…the sensors that a HONDA computer uses to run a HONDA motor.

:gayfight:

:wrong:

:whore:

C’mon guys,

Start up another thread in GDD,
if this is that bad.

Plain and simple lets get back on topic.

But I see both sides,
You said

“ls engine can handle 15PSI on stock internals”

Well, 8psi on a t3 is way diffrent than 8psi on a Monster turbo.
The CFM is diffrent.
Understand? ALL he is saying is that you cant say
LS engines can handle 15PSI on stock internals,

Becuase 15PSI with what turbo?

So there guys, dont begin argueing.

I dont know, who cares

it should be on the passenger sice right by where the battery is. also there will normally be badging saying its a turbo.

There are many variables you need to consider when tuning a motor, and those variable change dramatically based on other variable like turbo, intercooler, etc.

You can never say what engine will hold X psi or X amount of power. Contrary to popular belief, each engine is very different. Auto manufactures have very sophisticated ECUs that have the ability to learn and account for these differences, up to a point. This is why most stock motors all run similar. If you accessed each stock computer out there, you would see a wide variety of learned alterations that the computer makes to fuel and spark to created the best emissions and drivability. Keep in mind these computers are tuned for these two goals.

Do a search on Volumetric Efficiency and understand before you go trying to own people that know more than you. Understand what a VE table in an Engine Management computer and then look into how many other ‘correction factors’ play into the final result of how much timing and how much fuel are given to the computer as it operates.

It basically all comes down to how much Oxygen you can shove into the combustion chamber. The more O2 molecules, the more power you can acheive. Then you need to inject the proper amount of fuel to react with those oxygen molecules. Then you need to ignite it properly and at the exact right time.

If one turbo can shove more O2 molecules into the engine at a particular boost level, it is either more efficient or is pushing more CFM, or both…bottom line.

And WHP is calculated from Torque and RPM. HP isnt a real measurement, its really only a calculation.

:clap:

Do my eyes decive me?

Are you really trying to argue the same thing I am, but still saying I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Jucied said that the only thing that matters is WHP, TIMING AND MIXTURE when you tune a motor. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO TUNE A MOTOR WITH ONLY KNOWING THOSE 3 THINGS.

And I’m done with this. Homeboy tried to own me first, I just simply stuck up for myself and yall hate on me for it…It’s all good though, in the end, they all say honda on them.

Just so it’s known. I do know all that stuff about how turbo’s work and things like that. I am a pretty good mechanic, and most people from Maryland on this website can vouch for my knowledge. Ask about me in the G2MD party/meet forums…they can all vouch.

Homeboy was explaining what you have to consider when examining the strength of internals & sleeves and approx how much power they can hold. That does come down to timing (improper timing will cause all sorts of failure), mixture (too rich or too lean and shit breaks) and shear WHP (even with proper tuning, stock internals can only take so much abuse).

You started in about tuning, trying to own him…and you werent wholly correct. The point in this thread isn’t to own or hate on anyone, its about the spread of correct information.

WELL

I think there has been a big misunderstanding. First…he owned me first. He started the owned thing. I just simply did it back becuase he did it to me.

Second…I think I might have misunderstood what he said, because I thought he was saying the only thing you need to tune a motor is timing/mixture/whp which is completely false.

Maybe I was in the wrong, but I DID NOT start the owning thing.

Your right you dident start the owning thing. I DID and it all matters when your running 30 PSI on a Built motor. IF you have Enough Fuel your going to be fine. O yea EG’s are pretty sweet.