short geared tranny

coughgramm[size=5]A[/size]rcough

:smiley:

farret id like to personally slap you. im sure they dont use b16 trannyā€™s

ahhh damn it.hhahahahah

long day at work. hehe

would someone in northern cali like to race me i have i/h/e witha ls tranny i wana race someone with same car and mods but witha b16 tranny

1. f[size=5]E[/size]rret. itā€™s right there in my name, attached to every fucking post i make. you canā€™t copy something?

2. actually yes they DO use b16 transmissions. maybe if you spent a little more time actually attempting to learn something once in a while, instead of pretending you have some sort of education whatsoever, you might know that.

3. Feel free to come on over and try to slap me. watch what happens.

Hope youā€™ve got a will made out. wouldnā€™t want that stellar mad kwik teg of yours to get crushed. :roll:

ban.

street racing talk is not allowed on here and frowned upon. take your street racing else where.

alright ass, since you persist on being an ass, let me educate you a bit, instead of comparing this car to that car, do some math, calculate the rpms given the gear size and convert that to tire revolutions and then find out how far that is in the given amount of time to find the mph at that rpm, or you can use this autocrossing.com is coming soon which will tell you exactly how many rpms ur turning at a given speed, i dont give a fuck what kind of cars you driven, fact of the matter is, math doesnt lie, ass!

slow down there clem. heā€™s been through the california public edjumication system. iā€™m guessing heā€™s probably still working his way through said system, so maybe math isnā€™t the best thing to hit him with right now.

itā€™s a lot easier to just pretend heā€™s right and not listen to the laws of physics or mathematics. plus it makes him feel better about himself. :up:

hey, somebody has to show these little punks what the deal is, better teach him now before he claims stupidity and starts collecting welfare and using that check to rice out his teg more!

k guys , ur right im makin everythin up.

sory but i dont care about my spelling at all , u can understand it right? thats all that matters

never said my car was anything fast its a fuckin b18a stock pretty much in a heavy ass integra

im jus saying my integra feels faster then my crx was and it had a b16 tranny and i topped it out for sure at 110mph at 6500 rpms in 5th gear and i got pulled on by my moms stock integra (she was bout 3rd gear an i was makin my way to 4th and she passed me and kept going so i jus stopped tryin after bout 100mph. anybody can slap a short gear tranny and be a lil quicker but you lose ur top speed badly and beat ur motor harder at normal speeds.

i dont realy care about my spelling, my exact rpms and speed at what gear i never said i was exact and i never said b16 tranny is slow. im jus sayin i would either do gsr tranny or keep the ls on the b18a1 unless ur block can handle the abuse . id much rather have a b16 and b16 tranny . oh and gsr head

actually, I can hardly understand most of what you sayā€¦ itā€™s very hard to figure a lot of it out.

yup yup yup yup and yup. I ran into Gary Gardella few times down near Frelinghuysen ave in Newark NJ. Nice guy. Aside from the gearing some racers would use B16a cable tranmissions because of how abundant they once were (before alot of these racers had ā€œshoe contractsā€ from major automotive players alot of times they had to find ways to cut corners) and they were cheaper than hydro tranmissions.

b16A TRaNz iZ bE t3H waCkEsT y011!!one1!!! wH3N i b3 RaCiNā€™ SOcC3r mOMz In pReViAz I G3t pWnEd!

you donā€™t live in jersey anymore.

knock that shit off.

thats just my impression of b18aHF

uuhā€¦ go play with ur skate board

i can se why they would use a b16 tranny on a built motor but i will never trust the tranny on a stock ls thats for sure. i was jus sayin i barely beat my ls witha b16 tranny by driving on the freeway and it didnt last for shit but if u gotta biult block or a b16,b18c, or b17 then i wouldnt even worry bout it, but lsā€™s seriously cant hang for shit above 5k rpms all the time and i no ur at atleast 4500 doing 55 cuz i remember sayin man this sucks

I have a short geared YS1 matched up to B18CR in my DA6
if you think a YS1 does over 3300-3500 at 60MPH then u are all talking shit. A B18A will be good with a short gear box, but If you were to go turbo you are better off keeping you b18a box or similar vtec box like the Y1 found in a EF civic

If you donā€™t quite want a ys1 short box then a S1 or J1 box will do fine, with the S1 box having better syncros (i think or the other way around)
either way a LS/vtec conversion should go alot better on a vtec box. unless its putting out mad horsepower and gets along just fine with a long box.

Remember I have a B18CR putting out 140 KW at the wheels on a YS1 box and its just fine, sometimes i would find 2nd to be very short tho comming into corners on the track

When I had my GSR tranny on my B18a1, (with only I/H/E/fpr, ITR FW) the power band was only beween 4,000 RPMā€™s and 5,000 RPMā€™s. Also, the gear ratios between 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gears, puts the engine speed approximatly 1,000 RPMā€™s between each other. (Such as, if I shift at 5K RPMā€™s in 3rd gear, Iā€™ll be approximatly at 4K RPMā€™s in 4th gear, etcā€¦)
Considering the narrow power bands on our small displacement engines, this is ideal, because the transmission keeps the engine speed within the narrow powerband.

The LS transmission uses gear ratios which are greater than 1,000 RPMā€™s between each gear (such as appx. 1,300 RPMā€™s), thus upon upshifting, the transmission will put the engine speed below the bottom of itā€™s powerband, and upon downshifting, often times above the top of itā€™s powerbandā€“perhaps at redline. (Where most stock B18a1ā€™s donā€™t make peak power.)

These are the past combinations I have personally driven around with, where I had come to the above conclusion:
B18a1 w/LS S1 tranny
B18/Lsvtec w/ LS S1 tranny (even narrower powerband)
B18/LSvtec w/ GSR YS1 tranny
B20Vtec w/GSR YS1 tranny

In terms of the top speed issue, just replace the GSR 5th with an LS 5th. Also, Hondaā€™s aim for the cars using B-series engines was was not for top speed. Hence, the Type R tranny, CTR tranny, B16 tranny, etcā€¦

ā€¦just out of curiosity,

What about if you have a j1 tranny? Are they longer gears ratios then the gsr ys1? might possibly have found one =]

forgot to includeā€¦ would this be benificial to a b20? non-Vtec.