Top 10 Fastest 1/4-Mile G2's

yeah udpate the fasted n/a.

got a 12.725 @ 109.

my “stock” DA9

hey guys… and gals. i took my 91 LS to the local strip yesterday. as soon as we got there, we gutted my car. we pulled everything except for the glass, drivers seat, dash, and carpet. i pulled off the 17’s i have in the front and ran 14inch steelies with some shredded ass fuzion ZRi tires that were bald (poor mans slicks). swapped my cat for a test pipe. checked all the fluids and i was off to line up. i launched at 3200rpm (without dupming the clutch, i let it out kinda slow), held the gas flat to the floor between shifts. shifting @ 6800rpm everytime. oh and before my run we threw bags of ice on my intake manifold and my intake. heres the slip. im car 55.

went to the track on friday night after tuning the car for a hour. 16psi 57 trim t3/t4, ls/v 84 mm on slicks. very conservative tune. slicks at 12 psi due to stock axles and tranny.

r/t .229
60ft 2.093
1/8 8.339
1/8 trap 92.327
1/4 12.470
1/4 mph 120.907

going back sat and sun, lower psi in the slicks so hoping for 1.6 60ft’s and raising boost to 23psi on 110 octane with a good street tune. hoping for high tens/low 11’s.

This is the last decent pass i did over 5 years ago… DAM… thats long time!!! car made 360 hp on 20 psi with a small t3/t4 on C-16… and at the track i sprayed a 50 shot as well… this was the first pass off the trailer and it went 11.550@129 the following pass i blew up my oil pump!!! :frowning: And coasted 11.7@105, would have been a low 11 high 10 sec pass easily!!! this was on a 24.5 inch slick!!!

Cant wait to dyno and run my new setup!!! :slight_smile:

better be careful runnin slicks that big. my buddy ripped his bumper of his EG hatch running slicks that big. he forgot that air expands when it gets hot. lol

bringsallyup:
thats a solid mid 14 sec. run if you got that 2.8 60ft time down to even a measly 2.4

i think this list needs to be updated… we’ll i’ll update my time after i hit up BOTI this coming week

good luck bud. hopefully you’ll be deep in the 13’s this time around. your car is making plenty of power to do so. are you still running the bfg’s or slicks now?

oh shit were starting to see some built da’s who will be in the ten’s first.

wassup Sid… just got back from BOTI

13.7@101.9 with a 2.1 60ft in full street trim minus rear seats. the bonus was I was able to beat out a 2.0L DC on slicks by reaction time on the same run.

I just drop tire pressure at the track, pump them back up and head home. Needless to say i’m happy to finally be a member of the 13 sec club. :rockon:

Also have to give a BIG thanks for .J. for working his “magic” on my gearbox

I have never run with slicks on my new motor setup. Got bored with drag racing. But I did run it with full interior street trim (17" Volks with Kuhmo tires). I stopped at the scales on the way to the track and the car weighed 2900lbs with me in it. I ran a 13.92 @ 100mph with a crappy 60ft. Since then the car has undergone a lot of weight recuction (pulled AC, power steering, ABS) and some more power upgrades. But I can only claim what I have run, so here it is.

[QUOTE=viprtwo;1935243]wassup Sid… just got back from BOTI

13.7@101.9 with a 2.1 60ft in full street trim minus rear seats. the bonus was I was able to beat out a 2.0L DC on slicks by reaction time on the same run.

I just drop tire pressure at the track, pump them back up and head home. Needless to say i’m happy to finally be a member of the 13 sec club. :rockon:

Also have to give a BIG thanks for .J. for working his “magic” on my gearbox[/QUOTE]

hell yeah. congrats!!! i knew your car had a whole lot more in it, and its even more impressive that you did it on drag radials which even til this day i’m still not that consistent with.

pic i found on ht of brian’s DA vs DC

yah it was fun… went back today to try and beat my time, but ended up with a 13.8.

yeah that yellow ITR belongs to Fran Pietri. His best time this weekend was 12.2 all motor b-series, out east i think he pulled an 11.80 :bowdown:

so yeah, i was somewhat outta my league running with the big boys in S/S class, but they are all totally cool people, I learned alot, and most of all had lots of fun. i’m heading back NOV 1-2 as well.

seriously, how the hell are you guys getting .7xx reaction times. wake up people!

Dan, i noticed your 13.9 run was done in 2003. good times for a heavy car even now, but really good specially way back then!

Yeah, like I said… kind of got burned out on drag racing so gave it up for a while. The car is a hell of a lot lighter now so I might give it a try next season. Still going to run street trim, but might throw on some slicks just to see if I can snap an axle. But thanks! Congrats on your run. Do you happen to know how much your car weighed (weighs).

w/ driver and 1/4 tank gas: 2480

well… this has nothing on you guys… but it was my first time at the track so i though it was kinda cool… my best run was

R/T… .104
60’… 2.476
1/8… 10.286
MPH… 68.54
1/4… 15.99
MPH… 85.24

I have a 90 GS with power steering, AC,full interior and a sub in the trunk with me weighing 240lbs… lol… car has a Megan header… and a crappy BBP(EBAY) exhaust… it was on the car when i bought it… i had to choose between replacing it or getting full coilovers … i chose the D2 full coilovers…best choice i’ve made…They are amazing…

It was my first time on the track and i only got two runs off … my first run was a 16.29@84.94… so i think i did quite a bit better on my second… i can’t wait till next season!!!

[QUOTE=Tchleung;1757962]Oh man that sux :frowning:

You’ll be happy with teh Gt35R. I have the same and man does she move at 20+psi.[/QUOTE]

yea at 20+, emphasis on the 20+. lol im running a factory 2g eclipse turbo at 11psi which is like a 1/4 the size of the gt35r and am pulling into the mid 12’s lol. big turbos take way to long to spool. no torque, all top end, and on a drag strip u dont need top end u need torque lol. oh well. just my opinion.

if your saying a bigger turbo isn’t suited for the 1320 then you would be wrong. i ran a ported 16g on my 2nd gen for 2 years at 10psi on crappy street tires and got low 13’s, im sure i couldve hit mid 12’s with slicks or dr’s and a better flowing manifold. So i decided to use a buddys shitty 57 trim ebay turbo untill i had the money for the turbo i wanted which was a gt35r but things came up and i had to deal with the 57trim. i did as 12.4 at 120 with slicks. i was at 16 lbs and the slicks were overinflated because i wanted to get the car down the track in one piece. Did 21 pounds on race gas last week and the turbo went out so im done for the year. now saving up for a gt40r and work on low 10’s high 9’s. The fact is smaller turbo only have so much cfm and you push it past the boost limit your just blowing hot air. therefore you get a bigger turbo= more whp per pound of boost,turbo lag good for traction, high et’s and 99.9 % of the time a better et. You might hit high 11’s on a ported big 20g with headwork alot of tuning and bolt ons along with alot of weight reduction, a crap load of traction and the wind blowing you way. You wont get to much better then that so then your next step is a bigger turbo like a 57 t3/t4. low 12 and 11s are a shoe in and 10’s are possible. the best chance for 10’s in a g2 is atleast a 35r. point is you wanna go faster you need more cfm to get more cfm you need a bigger turbo. if you want proof watch the pro swfd guys why they changed the gt40 out for the gt42 in hopes for lower 9 sec times or high 8’s. or you can just ask tony palo. just my opinion. If i messed anything up in the post forgive me im pretty tired…time for bed.