Turbo guys with high hp's!!

hey fellas,im in the process of turning my db2 integra in to a competative street/drag car,and i have noticed that the last update to the fastest da list has been along time ago with the fastest being a 10.98.i also know a guy localy who was a member here that ran a 10.8 but didnt post on here much. i am looking to break these befor the year is over as long as everything goes well with my build.soim looking to see if there is any new times out there better than these ? and here would be a good place to share builds and setups… here is my set up—>>b20vtec cp-9.7:1 pistons/manley rods g.e sleeved 85mm block/b20 stock crank/acl bearings/s2 springs and retainers/type-r cams/victorx manifold/70mm tb/rc1600cc inj/full-race pro am top mount manifold/borge werner 372r turbo,ect…will post better pics later===>>

wow.that thing looks beast.would love to see the whole car.got a build thread?

thx sir.and yes i do check it out…–>>http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102387

holy cow!!! and that thing is street legal? regardless, good job man.

HERES A LOCAL GUY FROM TORONTO 10.16@147 … I WILL NEVER CAGE MY DA SO MY TRACK DAYS ARE OVER!! :frowning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBtqYgfIhJk

Just looked through the thread! Nice build…what are the numbers with the current snail?

no not street legal any more .lol i am going to be trailering the car to the track for now on.

[QUOTE=TURBOTEG705;2230792]HERES A LOCAL GUY FROM TORONTO 10.16@147 … I WILL NEVER CAGE MY DA SO MY TRACK DAYS ARE OVER!! :frowning:

10.16 thats good but im glad he is in canada and not in the usa,lol ya i just waiting till i run my first 10sec pass befor i install my cage…

no #'s yet im still working on it should be done in a week or 2…thx

[QUOTE=TURBOTEG705;2230792]HERES A LOCAL GUY FROM TORONTO 10.16@147 … I WILL NEVER CAGE MY DA SO MY TRACK DAYS ARE OVER!! :frowning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBtqYgfIhJk[/QUOTE]

i just looked threw some videos and found one of that same red DA TEG RUN A 10.06@147 THAT CAR LOOKS TO BE THE ONLY ONE TO BEAT!!LOL

Hey hows it goin … Nice setup!

I’ve got a 90 DA that will make a little bit of power too (not trying to thread jack). How did you do your headlights and not have them leak? I have a set of JDM headlights, but I will have to cut the back off the fog lights in order to run them. Right now I am using the USDM headlights and just cutting the back off the fog lights (which is a lot easier since they are seperate pieces).

[QUOTE=bert3734;2231271]Hey hows it goin … Nice setup!

I’ve got a 90 DA that will make a little bit of power too (not trying to thread jack). How did you do your headlights and not have them leak? I have a set of JDM headlights, but I will have to cut the back off the fog lights in order to run them. Right now I am using the USDM headlights and just cutting the back off the fog lights (which is a lot easier since they are seperate pieces).

[/QUOTE]

NICE DA ! im glad to see there are a few more DA tegs coming into the drag sceene…Im not sure i gte what you mean by leak?as for the driverside light that i cut for the intake of the turbo (“ram air”) i was carefull not to cut the fog light wire inside so i could still hae it work along with the blinker i just cut out the back section of the head lamp and skinded it with some thin gage alluminume and used some epoxy to seal around the lens and were the metal meet.i used some good-oh jbweld on the seams of the alluminume to keep it all together.i am allmost done with make a plenum box form the cold side of the turbo i will post more pics when i finish ,care to share more pics of you drag da??

I saw you cut your driver side for a “ram air”. I was just curious as to how you sealed it.

You can see where my radiator sits, which ultimately interferes with the fog light portion of the headlights. I currently have a set of USDM headlights in there, which works out since each individual light has its own contained section. I just cut the back off the fog light section (so I don’t have functioning headlights, I basically just have a piece of glass there).

I bought a set of JDM onep headlights. Thinking they would work since they are thinner, but they still interfer. So I will have to cut the back off the fog light portion on the JDM headlights in order to get them in. The problem then becomes … how to seal off the low/high beam.

I think I just need to pull them apart and see.

Below are a couple of pics from early on … a lot has changed, a lot cleaner looking (removed a lot of wiring), no more ugly transmission cable, no more distributor, intercooler cahnged orientation, etc.

I will get some more pics next week. I am out of town right now, but will be back next weekend … we will also be hitting the dyno next weekend.

looks good bro! i just used some window clear sylicon and sealed the front the back im not to worried about it cuz its a drag car and i wont be daily driving it anywere i have trailer and thats how ill be moving it…looks good ill post my updated pics of the headlight and plenum today.

wow. Bert yours has always been a favorite. I love the work you put in it. I do update the G2 top 10 fastest times still. but like in my first post, i will only do it with a timeslip. and I host the pictures so nothing is lost. anyway, I am on hold with my setup right now. Im back in school, but once that is out of the way, I will be back on the prowl. I will probably ditch my T67 for a BW turbo and add a few new things to it. I havent driven or looked at it since feb. of this year. Im glad to see the DA monster lives on. I was the only turbo DA out here in PHX, so it is good to see more. a couple things you probably addressed: Traction bar, LSD, axles, and tuning program. other than those, this thing is going to be a beast. do you talk to Joe@locashracing or Josh@tritech? Jake blackman? any of those ring a bell? reason I ask is I have got a few tips from these guys. our §§§§§'s suck…and in DA’s it’s worst…I dont understand the grounding issues but hopefully that is not your problem. I would break up anywhere above 25Psi. it was very erratic. maybe you have had this happen??

sounds good …I look forward to seeing some pics of your work.

Smokeintegra – thanks man … its been a long time coming, but its finally coming together. The most recent mess was with the transmission. The original liberty gears I bought off a guy on Honda-Tech were junk. Decided to scrap them and buy a set of Mfactory gears with a billet liberty case. Unfortunately that meant had to convert to hydro. I found a pretty cool guy on Honda-Tech (Hush22), who makes a really nice conversion kit for cable to hydro while still utilizing the current (cable) pedals. Check it out if you are interested in getting rid of the ugly cable in the engine bay http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2939583.

Traction bar is covered – Full Race
LSD – was using a spool, but went to Quaife (so I can drive it on the street)
Axles – Driveshaft shop stage 5 or something like that … they are the big beefy ones
Tuning – running with AEM

I haven’t talked with those guys yet, mainly been talking with Chris at Whoopee Racing and Kirk at Tilton … the transmission has been the only place I have run into problems so far.
I never got the car running with a distributor because of where the manifold/down pipe sit. I was afraid of melting the distributor, so I decided COP was the best route. When the car was running, I was only making around 10 psi.

I will get some more pics of things in the next couple of weeks. Just found out I will be traveling some more for work (gotta love cadaver labs!! … just a little sarcasm there
)

Those are some killer looking setups gentleman. You don’t see very many drag DA’s so it’s nice to see people bringing monsters like those to the table. Keep up the good work and hopefully one day I’ll have my DB1 putting down some good times.

its about time someone brought some thing to the table that could compete with bert3734’s setup. love this thread:up:

Unfortunately that meant had to convert to hydro. I found a pretty cool guy on Honda-Tech (Hush22), who makes a really nice conversion kit for cable to hydro while still utilizing the current (cable) pedals. Check it out if you are interested in getting rid of the ugly cable in the engine bay http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2939583.

hey bert ,have you tried the hydro conversion out yet, as in putting the car into gear by using the pedel?you are useing a twin disk clutch also right?the reason i ask is that i just got my car started this weekend and the hydro conversion i made didnt opperate as planned i believe that i need the adjust the m/c closer t were the pedel swivels from…if you can post a couple of pics of yours installed so i can get a better idea of what i have to do fix mine… thx

Love my cable tranny… :slight_smile:

-db2-gzr-lv-

Definitely … I will get them up this weekend (this week is pretty crazy). I am currently running a Tilton twin disk setup. The car is currently running, but I haven’t had a chance to.really drive it. I will be able to give you some feedback this weekend.

Where did you mount yours? Is it a ‘conversion kit’ or did you just buy the hydro pedals?

[QUOTE=bert3734;2232892]-db2-gzr-lv-

Definitely … I will get them up this weekend (this week is pretty crazy). I am currently running a Tilton twin disk setup. The car is currently running, but I haven’t had a chance to.really drive it. I will be able to give you some feedback this weekend.

Where did you mount yours? Is it a ‘conversion kit’ or did you just buy the hydro pedals?[/QUOTE]

i made a bracket similar to hush22’s.mine is mounted on the pedal useing the two holes were the clutch sensors were but like i was saying is the m/c is sitting maby 1.5-2" higher than it should be…my mistake was that i just welded a nut to the end of the stock pedal where the cable use to be .i didnt pay much attention to the details when i built it and couldnt test it till i put a map on the computer so now im stuck like chuck thinking of way to re-engineer this bad boy…thx any pics would help greatly…no rush ,i also have been busy with work and the family,so time for the car has been cut back…