Turbo guys with high hp's!!

[QUOTE=TURBOTEG705;2230792]HERES A LOCAL GUY FROM TORONTO 10.16@147 … I WILL NEVER CAGE MY DA SO MY TRACK DAYS ARE OVER!! :frowning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBtqYgfIhJk[/QUOTE]

hey there turboteg705 the video of this DA integra is from some one from your city/state in canada? is it possible for you to find a way of contacting this fella from maby a local net board there of from word amouth?i would like to talk to him and see if he is willing to share any details on his build to all of us here on this forum.because i am having issues with clutch pedals and tried looking and talked to allmost everyone and i would like to know what realy works because what ever he is using is obviusely prooven to work with his 10.06 run here…http://www.youtube.com/user/GuelphRacing#p/u/31/faT53YLvDtQ

what exactly would you like to know?? in my teg im still using a cable tranny and i had a buddy at a local clutch manufacter make me a custom single disk dual diaphram preasure plate (3600 psi clamping load) and an unsprung 3 puck copper ceramic clutch disk… car makes over 700hp and almost 500 foot pounds of torque with no problems…just a bit of a stiff pedal, but thats how i like it!!!

i would like to know if he is using a hydro trans with a custom hydro conversion ,im going to be buying one from the same guy bert^^ here got his from and would like some input on others to see what else is being used …i also plan on upgrading gear sets in the my trany to a set of ppg gears or liberty gears.any times from your car? do you care to share your build?

my build is somewhere on here, i think…was long time ago… fastest i’ve gone was 11.50@129 (got kicked off the track due to lack of safety equiptment) that was back in 2002-2003 with only 375-400hp… the following year i built a whole new setup… i made a custom manifold with a T-72 turbo… made 705 hp running out of fuel at 7800 rpm… car revs up to 9500… but later i decided why bother making all that power when i would never cage the car as i wanted to keep it on the street and not start cutting it up…

I remember your build one of the nicest I had seen. one thing that was different in yours that I was not used to seeing was the external oil pump. what is the advatage of that compared to the stock location?

the reason i went to an external pump was beacuse i was having problems breaking oil pump gears, stock and aftermarket… back in the early 2000’s a few of us had this problem and no one really knew why!!.. later on i found out that the crank journals where line bored and that could have been the cause of the gears breaking, not 100% sure but the external pump fixed the problem and i been using it ever since!

care to share the new set up with us,and any info on any problems you came across along the way of the new build?

i would like for this thread to blow up with all the best info on how to build a great race car,i know there are a few guys around the world who been threw all the head achs are chassie can bring when ordering parts and installing them.feel free to post away and ask any question there is but i would like to say if your a new-b to turbos please read threw the turbo guide in the sticky befor asking here might save ya some time…im going to share a crap load of pics of my build and how it came to be to show there is alot of fabrication work involved to build and maintain a high horse power DA integra…DA(DB2)FTMFW…LOL

how the engine bay transformed threw the years==>>when i first bought the car===> swapped the block on a weekend and this is how it looked b20vtec===>> then i had some down time and cleaned the bay up!==>> then felt is was time to try going turbo!==>> then after a few weeks of running 360hp on 10psi on hondata s300 and e85 the block spun,so saved up and build a block sleeved and pistons and rods,and picked up a new turbo and intercooler and was making 420hp on 15psi e85==>> picked some more parts and road tunned==>> than i changed this turbo 60-1 for a ballbearing 6262==> road tunned some more and was able to pull a 12.1 with 3 gears down the track having issues with boost cut and cooling.fixed em and got a deal on a new set up i couldnt refuse so sold the old stuff and got this=>> with more new pics to come!!

-db2-gzr-lv-

Got some pics of that bracket for you … Not sure how much help they will be if any (its really hard to get good pics when that thing is installed).

Went to the dyno today, but had issues with it overheating. It was really weird top of the radiator was hot, but the bottom was ice cold. AEM was registering a temp 200+. Not wanting to chance it, we decided to wait and pull the thermostat out. Overheating issue solved. Headed back tomorrow.

[QUOTE=bert3734;2233331]-db2-gzr-lv-

Got some pics of that bracket for you … Not sure how much help they will be if any (its really hard to get good pics when that thing is installed).

Went to the dyno today, but had issues with it overheating. It was really weird top of the radiator was hot, but the bottom was ice cold. AEM was registering a temp 200+. Not wanting to chance it, we decided to wait and pull the thermostat out. Overheating issue solved. Headed back tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
NICE!! keep me posted on #'s…and what kit to you get from hush22 did you get the upgraded master and slave?

I just got the first version of his bracket (the second version wasn’t available yet). We had a minor problem when bolting it up (the top hole had pulled from the welding), so we ust drilled it out. With the twin disk the provided OEM master wasn’t enough, so we upgraded to the Tilton, which forced us to modify the bracket.

Couldn’t get a good pull. Couldn’t keep the tires down. The only good (and I use that very loosely) was 350 HP, 250 ft/lbs (7000 rpm) on 10 psi. I will post a graph later. There is a pretty crazy gap in the graph from when the VTEC kicked in the tires couldn’t stay down.

[QUOTE=bert3734;2233391]I just got the first version of his bracket (the second version wasn’t available yet). We had a minor problem when bolting it up (the top hole had pulled from the welding), so we ust drilled it out. With the twin disk the provided OEM master wasn’t enough, so we upgraded to the Tilton, which forced us to modify the bracket.

Couldn’t get a good pull. Couldn’t keep the tires down. The only good (and I use that very loosely) was 350 HP, 250 ft/lbs (7000 rpm) on 10 psi. I will post a graph later. There is a pretty crazy gap in the graph from when the VTEC kicked in the tires couldn’t stay down.[/QUOTE]
i had the same issue once befor were the tires would hold just try and find as many big guys as you can and pill them on the car lol.jk what kind of #'s were you expecting?i am going to be tunning with church automitive with dyno packs hopfully in the next week or two.i should have some good #'s to share considering i wont have any tire spin…lol.

I am expecting around 700 on a good pull … for a really rough tune it was pretty crazy. You can see when the VTEC woke up. Monday we will see what happens, may have to put the slicks on.

Turned the boost up to 15 psi and made 420 HP … At 24 psi it made 568 HP.

Next stop … 30psi

[QUOTE=bert3734;2233600]Turned the boost up to 15 psi and made 420 HP … At 24 psi it made 568 HP.

Next stop … 30psi[/QUOTE]

NICE! what fuel and whats your fuel set consist of? whats the final magic #'s??

db2-gzr-lv, is taking yours to church a want or a need? I was going to do the same thing when I was in san diego but ended up coming here to arizona and found that there is 1 compentent tuner here that pretty much tunes all the 900-1200hp honda’s here(and there are many). I had no doubts with him touching my car.I have had him tune my car twice but he is pricey. go figure right, but he is quality and satisfaction. well just throwing that out there if your in phoenix area.

Tried 30psi and we could smell clutch (its a Tilton twin disk), so we turned it down a bit and stayed at the 24 psi. Looks like I will have to live with 568 for now.

I will drive it around here, for what little dry season I have left. Then put it up for the winter and get ready for the spring. Maybe some more dyno time in there too.

It was tuned on VP Import.

i know who your talking about ,joe at locash was my first option when I first started out but now church automotive comes to vegas and tunes out of a local shop fnworks.They dont charge as much as joe but the are just as good i would say,imo…they have tuned alot of the faster high horse power socal cars and have been around as long time ,i would of love to tune with joe sometime maby with another build i do that can actually handle 1000+hp motor wise…i can say i stopped by locash the last time i was in town and they were tunning tsr’s arons car ill tell you what your lucky to be so close to that circle of fast hondas!!i would soak up everything possible …lol …i do hope to see some more az peeps make it out to ifo here in sincity in dec!!

[QUOTE=bert3734;2233894]Tried 30psi and we could smell clutch (its a Tilton twin disk), so we turned it down a bit and stayed at the 24 psi. Looks like I will have to live with 568 for now.

I will drive it around here, for what little dry season I have left. Then put it up for the winter and get ready for the spring. Maybe some more dyno time in there too.

It was tuned on VP Import.[/QUOTE]

hows the hydro conversion working out im waiting on mine to show up!! nice #!!! hopefully you can fallow up with some 1320 times befor the retune/winter?