***warning*** Do Not Sell To Brian349

I dont know why we are still reading about this. Should have been taken car of by now. Brian seems pretty shady and has poor communication skills.

i think its funny that 1sickDA9 has misspelled his “friend’s” name. or at least spelled it two different ways. plain and simple fact, this kid STOLE the motor, and even if he DID have the cylinder head built, the fact of the matter is that the money used to build the head, SHOULD have been used to pay off the whole motor.

to this Brian (aka Bryan) kid, pay this man his money, or your daddy is gonna give you a whoopin when he has to go to court and pay for your mistakes. you need to grow up and handle one thing at a time.

this shall serve as a learning experience, MyFutureSelfInMe. i’m 5 years younger than you, but i stick to a certain creed when it comes to me selling something to someone. they receive NO product until the product is paid in full. and i do not accept payment in “installments” its either, all up front, or its sold to someone else who can. i hate it when sales go sour, especially when it happens to good people like yourself. sue the shit out of this kid and his dad, teach them a fucking lesson in responsibility they won’t soon forget.

The whole motor was built. It’s running 11.5:1 compression and I gave him an enlarged RC throttle body, Hondata intake manifold gasket, the intake manifold itself (powdercoated blue) and fuel rail (powdercoated orange), I think some NGK coppers, a ZDyne PR4 ECU with one-wire VTEC conversion, and a ton of other valuable crap, all for $1200. In short I gave him an amazing deal and even offered to help him with the installation until he said he was going to do it outside in the New England winter. I did all this because he was a G2ICer who had helped me out with my suspension, and also because I really wanted the stuff out of the garage :). Oh and the injectors were even blueprinted. The dyno charts provided by DPR show that this motor was running 192 HP at the crank at the time it was built. This is the thanks I get. Yes I learned my lesson.

ok to clear things up a little bit here im gonna put in my two cents for both parties. im not taking sides here but im just gonna put the truth out there.
in a way… brian did actually pay for the engine. like what was stated before he is a minor and does not own his own checking account. so what he had to do was rely on someone else to send payments that can be documented. he left me out of this one but usually im the person that sends his payments. ok so back onto how he actually paid in a way… he gave the money to his father to send a check to adam (myfutureselfandme). he did end up sending the check but the funds that brian provided were used for whatever else and not towards the check that was written. now i know that that is not an excuse for adam not getting his money but it does show that brian did actually “give up” the entire payment for the engine out of his pocket. so it’s not like he never intended on paying for it… both sides got screwed from brians father.
on adams side of the story… yes he was good and fair allowing payments to be made and giving the engine w/o full payment. and i feel bad for everything that has happened here and that a friendship was put down over it.

well then what all involved should do is to stop attacking each other and start attacking brian’s father!!! team up and yank the money outta him!

Yeah, and as I just told you in our conversation, I appreciate that Brian got screwed in the beginning. It sucked for him I’m sure. But he had to accept it and take the fall. I can’t be responsible for this. Instead he’s been trying to stick himself somewhere in between, where he admits to me that he owes me money but never actually is willing to send anything. He doesn’t even have to send the whole $610 at once, all I want is something, say $100 so I know that things are back on track and he intends to follow through. In the meantime I am going to have all the documentation ready so I can sue his dad at any time.

From my perspective, Brian’s method of payment isn’t really my business. But I am willing to give a little if Brian gives a little.

I don’t even know his dad. I’ve seen him once, for five minutes.

Brian, it would have done you a lot of good to walk into a bank and ask for a checking account.

Update: After moving, I found the one check for $300 that I hadn’t cashed yet. This is probably going to be unfortunate for Brian’s dad, but I think I may have to cash it if I can figure out the time I can do that when the check will most likely be good.

Its usually good for 90 days or so.

Update for you: Im refunding Brian on sunday, because I dont like this situation, so I hope it all goes well between you and him.

What bank is the check from? You can call that bank, or go into that bank and ask if the account has funds to clear that check. That way you don’t deposit in your account and get a bounced check fee.

It’s from a local bank in Rhode Island. I can’t go there in person, especially not every day to see if the funds would clear. I am actually going to call his bank and ask them if they can help me.

Well, the funds are not available today. Maybe tomorrow. It’s Friday.

I think this whole situation could have been avoided by an 89cent money order from the post office, instead of giving the money to other people to pay for this stuff. I have been in situations like this before so I feel for both parties.

A check would have been fine if Brian had been willing to walk into a bank and simply ask for a checking account. I’m sure he would have written a good check.

Well hopefully he does something for you on monday.

Im refudning him tomorrow.

I’ll call Chad today and see if he can’t convince Brian to use the $450 to pay me. I am actually willing to drop this issue entirely if Brian redirects that money to me. $600 doesn’t matter to me, I just want this situation corrected in some form.

discuss it with him.

If he wants, i’ll just direct it towards you then, instead of going thru 3 accounts.

Refund was delayed from yesterday cause of the bank.

But he should see something tonight and hopefully he refunds you.

Or did you get in contact with him to see if hes going to pay you?

I don’t think I’m going to be able to reach and/or reason with him. I’m just going to handle this legally.

ah.

He has no paypal addy so i cant refund him. Who ever can give him money, post up yoru paypal so i can refund

The funds are still not available in his dad’s account.